This bible, represents a quantum leap in the development of the respected Scofield Study Bible, combining a popular modern Bible translation with the highly regarded Scofield study system. The new edition includes a host of useful features that are sure to enhance the augmentation (not revision) of this renowned one-volume resource, thereby broadening its readership.
Bound in beautiful black genuine leather, this style features sewn pages, gold page edges and fillet, 1 ribbon marker, Presentation Page & Family Record, a gift box, and helpful thumb-indexing.
The Bible includes a subject-based topical chain reference system for following major themes throughout the entirety of Scripture; over 100 factual articles, charts, and lists that put a wealth of fascinating information at the reader’s fingertips; expanded introductions that include detailed outlines of each book; study note biblical references in the familiar, “chapter-and-verse” format; bottom-of-the page study notes that permit quick retrieval of interesting data; a striking page design and easy-to-read typeface; in-text black and white maps that orient the reader to geographical references in the biblical text; notes crucial to understanding the Scofield are formatted in accessible, in-text articles; sectional headings have been added for ease in following God’s guiding hand in human history; and, there are 16 pages of accurate, full-color New Oxford Bible Maps (with index of places and natural features) that illustrate the biblical world.
- An exclusive, subject-based topical chain reference system.
- Over 100 boxed factual articles and lists.
- Expanded introductions with detailed outlines of each book.
- An expanded Subject index.
- Study not biblical references are in “chapter-and-verse” format.
- Side-column references are grouped by chapter and verse.
- Over 550 in-text definitions of proper nouns for people and place names.
- Nearly 70 in-text black and white maps and charts.
- In-text articles of nearly 250 notes crucial to understanding the Scofield®.
- Indexes to Proper Nouns, Chain References, and Subjects.
- 16 pages of accurate, full color New Oxford Bible Maps (with index of places and natural features).
- Bottom-of-the-page study notes.
- Sectional headings.
- Font Size: 9Pt
- Words of Christ in red
- Select NKJV Concordance.
- Leather Binding, Genuine Leather, Black
- Published: 12 December 2002
- Pages: 1792 Pages | maps, 9 pt. type
- Page Trim Size: 6-1/4 x 9 inches
- Bible Size: 6-5/8 x 9-3/8 inches
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- ISBN 13: 9780195275360
- ISBN 10: 0195275365
- Bible Weight: 3.2 LB
- Retail Price: $59.99