The Personal Study Edition, now available in the NABRE translation, is ideal for the beginners, whether it’s used within the context of the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults or other such parish-based scripture education programs. It provides a wealth of background information in a single volume that informs readers without overwhelming them.
This paperback edition features:
- Callouts in the biblical text
- Reading Guide and section introductions and introductory essays on topics such as how to read the Bible.
- Questions for Discussion follow each book’s section in the Reading Guide focus on themes such as:
- Group Sharing/Discussion,
- In Our Lives
- Individual/Personal Reflection/Action.
- Glossary to terms that may be unfamiliar to some readers
- Sunday and weekday lectionary readings
- Select NABRE concordance
- Indexed section of New Oxford Bible Maps.
- The New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE) brings to culmination the work of nearly 100 scholars, including translators, editors, and a subcommittee of Catholic bishops who provided extensive review of the biblical text over a period of many years.
- The NABRE is the first major amendment to the New American Bible translation since 1991.
- The first update of the Old Testament since 1970, taking into account recent archaeological and textual discoveries.
- Complete revision of the Psalter.
- Marginal references in the biblical text that point to specific pages in the Reading Guide are screened for greater visibility
- A 25-page glossary defines biblical terms with which students may not be familiar
- A 36-page section of authoritative, full color New Oxford Bible Maps (with place name index)
Size: 9″ x
6-1/4″ x 1 3/4″
Font Size: 10
Oxford University Press
There are no reviews yet.