Christians and Messianic Jews who are interested in the rich spiritual traditions of their faith will be thrilled with this brand new study Bible. The Complete Jewish Study Bible pairs the updated text of the Complete Jewish Bible with extra study material, to help readers understand and connect with the Jewish roots of the Christian faith. The Complete Jewish Bible shows that the word of God, from Genesis to Revelation, is a unified Jewish book meant for everyone—Jew and non- Jew alike. Translated by David H. Stern with new, updated introductions by Rabbi Barry Rubin, it has been a best-seller for over twenty years. This translation, combined with beautiful, modern design and helpful features, makes this an exquisite, one-of-a-kind Bible.
Unique to The Complete Jewish Study Bible are a number of helpful articles and notes to aid the reader in understanding the Jewish context for the Scriptures, both in the Tanakh (the Old Testament) and the B’rit Hadashah (the New Testament).
- Twenty-five contributors (both Jewish and Christian), including John Fischer, Patrice Fischer, Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, Walter C. Kaiser, Jr., Rabbi Russell Resnik, and more
- Thirty-four topical articles ranging from topics such as the menorah (or “candelabra of God”) and repentance (t’shuvah) in the Bible, to Yeshua’s “Sermon on the Mount” and the Noachide Laws (the laws given by God to Noah and subsequent generations) and their applicability to Gentiles
- In addition to these topical articles and detailed study notes, there are twelve tracks or themes running throughout the Bible with 117 articles, covering topics such as Jewish Customs, the Names of God, Shabbat, and the Torah
- New Bible book introductions, written from a Jewish perspective
- Bottom-of-page notes to help readers understand the deeper meanings behind the Jewish text
- Sabbath and Holy Day Scripture readings
Offers the original Hebrew names for people, places, and concepts Video Editor Bio Barry A. Rubin, MA in Communications from Ohio University, is rabbi of Emmanuel Messianic Jewish Congregation in Clarksville, Maryland. Founded in 1915, it is the oldest extant Messianic congregation in the world. In 1988, he became director of The Lederer Foundation (now Messianic Jewish Publishers and Resources), a sixty-year-old organization formerly in the Orthodox Jewish section of Baltimore, now in Clarksville/Columbia of Howard County, Maryland. He serves on several boards and has been in the forefront of Messianic Judaism since the 1970s.
- ISBN-13: 9781619708693
- ISBN-10: 1619708698
- Format: Blue Flexisoft Imitation Leather
- Number of Pages: 1968
- Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
- Publication Date: 2016
- Size: 9.25 x 6.50 x 1.75 inches
- Text Color: Black Letter
- Text Size: 10 Point
- Note Size: 7 Point
- Ribbon Marker: Yes
- Spine: Sewn Page