- Description: NEW IMPROVED CONSTRUCTION – The utmost care was devoted to the development of this superior quality, handcrafted calfskin leather cover. It is a lined-to-the-edge style calfskin leather-over-leather cover made by hand from the best hides available. The carefully placed, raised hubs enhance the Bible’s classic look and feel. This Bible was built to last, that is why it has a lifetime guarantee. Contains over 95,000 center-column cross-references to enrich your reading. Its Smyth sewn binding adds durability for frequent use and travel.
- Updated NASB
- Center-column references
- Large type
- Black Letter
- Verse by verse format, (verse numbers are in bold type for new paragraphs).
- 8 full page full color maps
- Stronger Binding and general construction
- Smyth sewn
- Ribbon marker
- Presentation, Marriages, Family Trees, Births, Deaths, Occasions to Remember, Pages
- Note Pages at the beginning and end of the Bible
- Printed on high opacity paper to limit bleed-through
- Lifetime guarantee from the publisher
- Bible Size (with leather cover): 6 7/8 x 9 3/4 x 1 1/4 inches
- Bible Weight: 2lb 2oz
- Page Size: 6 7/16 x 9 3/16 inches
- Font Size: 10 pt
- Publisher: Foundation Publications, Inc.
- Style: #1573 Deluxe calfskin leather with gold page edges and exterior printing. 5 Spine Ribs.
- ISBN 10: 1581351259
- ISBN 13: 9781581351255
The NASB Update
Since its completion in 1971, the New American Standard Bible has been widely acclaimed as “the most literally accurate translation” from the original languages. Millions of people, students, scholars, pastors, missionaries, and laypersons alike, have trusted the NASB, learning from it and applying it to the challenges of their daily lives. With the NASB, anyone can discover what the original text really says, word for word, because it is considered the most literal translation of the Bible in the English language, consistently following the oldest and best manuscripts. The NASB update continues this commitment to accuracy, while increasing clarity and readability. Vocabulary, grammar, and sentence structure have been carefully updated for greater understanding and smoother reading. The updated NASB remains the most literally accurate Bible in the English language.
The smoother reading NASB updaterefines the differences in style between the ancient languages and current English.In the process, Old English “thees,” “thys,” and “thous,” archaic vocabulary, and sentences beginning with “And” have been updated for better English, while verses with difficult word order were restructured.
In addition, parallel passages have been compared and reviewed and verbs that have a wide range of meaning have been updated to better account for their use in the context. Proper names or titles have been used in place of pronouns only when the context made it clear who the person was. Punctuation and paragraphing have been formatted to fit today’s standards. Also, the notes about ancient manuscripts, which have appeared in most editions of the NASB, have been reviewed and, in many cases, feature new and more specific interesting facts.
Instead of telling the reader what to think, the NASB update provides the most precise translation with which to conduct a personal journey through the Word of God.